Tips and Information
Renting a car in the UK and abroad is usually easy and hassle-free, but for a succesful and cheap car rental, you may want to read our tips.
The most useful and important tips for car hire
- Always book in advance, to get the best price and conditions.
- Search and book your rental car through us, we search through all major car rental firms.
- Always choose the right rental car when booking, avoid “cheap upgrades” offered on site (according to the salesmen).
- Always register every driver. This is important for the insurance. There will usually be a charge for each extra driver and the charge is payed either when you book or locally upon arrival.
- Avoid buying extra insurance after arriving. These insurance covers are usually very expensive. Be firm and clear when telling the seller that nothing extra is needed.
- Insurance is important. Always book through us – we include all necessary insurance (unless you book from Canada or USA)
- Some countries have a high excess (USA £0), read more abuot excess insurance.
- If you want to know more, visit our front page and read the articles below.
Insurance is always included through us. Find out more details here!
Full eller utökat skydd kan vara bra att lägga till speciellt i länder där självrisken är hög. Även bra vid till exempel punktering.
Advice on whether to bring your own child car seat or rent one upon arrival. We always go through the different types of child car seats, for all ages. Laws and rules in different countries.
Information on what countries have right-hand traffic and tips on what to think about when driving on the right side of the road.
Driving abroad is rarely a problem, and the traffic rules are usually similar. The traffic is, however, sometimes more intense, so drive carefully!