Full or supplementary insurance cover
In all of our bookings, we include an insurance that you can read more about here.
Partnering with Rentalcars, we offer a comprehensive insurance cover for those wanting to avoid any risk of having to pay anything extra if the car is damaged. This cover can be bought already when booking the rental car, or added later by going to my booking.
Good for high excesses
This insurance cover is especially good for situations when the excess is high, which is quite common in some countries, including southern Europe. We, however, recommend that you pay for your rental car with a credit card that has excess insurance instead. By doing this, you can avoid having to pay for the full cover.
Full cover, damage protection and supplementary insurance cover
These three insurances cover all costs for damage to the external and mechanical components of the rental car, including the body of the car, windows, wind shields, mirrors, roof, undercarriage, wheels, tyres, motor, hubcaps, clutch, locks and battery. Supplementary insurance is offered to customers renting a car with Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) without excess. Full cover and supplementary insurance also covers:
- Immobilization charges – to cover potential loss of earnings when the car is being repaired and can’t be rented.
- Roadside assistance charges – added if the car breaks down or if the customer is in an accident.
- Fees for loss of keys – added when keys are lost or if the customer gets locked out of the rental car.
Fees charged by the car rental company as a result of claims from their theft protection policy.
Administration fees – charged by the car rental company, related to the above points.
Things not covered:
- Cleaning fees
- The inside of the car – damage to the inside of the car, unless it was caused by a collision.
- Cigarette smoke – fees for smoking in the car.
- Damage to add-ons – child car seats, GPS and other add-ons.
- Reparations and other services not approved by the car rental company.
- If the customer breaks the rental terms – fees arising from circumstances not in accordance with the car rental contract, for example reckless and dangerous driving, the driver being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or filling the tank with the wrong fuel.
In case of damage, we ask that you contact Rentalcars with your claim within 28 days after returning the car.
You will need the following:
- Check-in and check-out documents for the rental car, showing the damage that has been charged by the car rental company.
Proof of the reparation costs from the car rental company.
- A bank statement showing the amount that has been taken from your account.
- A copy of the car rental company’s damage report.
- A copy of the police report, if there is one.
Rentalcars aims to disburse the money within 7 days after receiving the required documentation.
If a third party has been involved in the damage, you’ll also need a confirmation from the car rental company that they have identified the person responsible for the damage. Any and all court cases must be completed before the damage can be processed. The disbursements are made to the bank card used when booking the car, that is, not necessarily the card that the local car rental company charged for the damage.
We reserve the right to make any changes to all of the above at any time. The information on this page is subject to the details of the customer’s booking. We recommend that all customers read the terms and conditions carefully.